Saturday, December 19, 2009

I bought Quic Silver Shampoo...?

...for my Paint horse. He is a chestnut piebald. The shampoo is for light horses(palominos,albinos,greys,and the lable says it may not work well for even buckskins). Will this shampoo mess up his chestnut patches?? I know this seems like a dumb question, but I don't want to ruin his cuteness!!





-Meg(13 year old Paint horse owner with shampoo dilemma!)I bought Quic Silver Shampoo...?
No, it won't mess up his color... I have a bay and white tobiano, and have used that shampoo on plenty of occasions, :)I bought Quic Silver Shampoo...?
i bought quicksilver shampo 2 use on my dapple grey pony and mum tried to use it on her bay mare and it only made her coat dull.my friend used it on her chestnut pinto and it made his whaite patches glow but stuffed up his chestnut patches. i think there is another shampoo for other colured horses like chestnuts and other colours made by the same company. i cant remember if the quicksilver shampoo is purple. but purple is gr8 to use on any whaite animal. it really makes them gloww!!!it works on my new white boy!








yeah it works when you use both shampoos.good luck!:)
well there is that type of shampoo for paint! here is the website:





http://www.justforponies.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD%26amp;ProdID=1027
Don't worry about it. First wash him with the Quic Silver Shampoo to get all the stains out of the white spots. Then do a quick wash with regular shampoo to clean the chestnut spots and remove anything that will make them dull. Then wah la a beautiful and clean pony.
i'm pretty sure it won't mess up his color. it didn't really even do a whole lot for my grey
I like Quic Silver shampoo but when I used it I thought it was really tough on my horse's skin...drying. I also used it on his tail with the same impression...tough on the hair shaft; drying.


Somebody else may have a different impression.





There are so many great shampoos out there now for ';whitening up'; white areas on a horses's haircoat don't be confined to trying just one.





There's a new one on the market, ';Fiebings Blue Frost'; shampoo; Fiebings (the leather cleaner/conditioner folks) state this shampoo is easy on a haircoat. I will have to try it as their leather conditioners are quite good.
We really like it for our appy it gives them mor of a silvery sheen on the white but has never had any bad effects on his chestnut spots.


Like someone mentioned they also make Quic Color which brings out the darker colors shine a little more and makes whites a Snowy white rather than a silvery one.


But No quic silver wont do any harm to the appearance of his colored patches. In buckskins you'd want to show there color rather than give it a lighter sheen but anything darker the sheen isn't noticable. I've used it on my ';black'; liver chestnut with no problem when out of the color stuff.
It might dull them.. the enhancers that it has in are specifically meant for white/grey/silver hair.. it attaches to the hair shaft and adds a really nice shine (I use it on my grey before shows).


(EDIT:::Please note here: Quic makes a whole line of shampoos that are specific to colors. Quic black, quic color, quic silver. You wouldn't use Quic black on a white horse for the same reason you really shouldn't use Quic silver on a chestnut/black horse. But Quic color would be fine because it just has natural enhancers rather than COLOR enhancers.)





What I would do is shampoo him all over with a normal shampoo, like cowboy magic rosewater or fiebings horse saloon shampoo (smells heavenly) - then use the quic silver on his white parts to make them explode.





Also - just a tip for you to save some money.. you can get something similar at Wal-Mart for nearly 75% cheaper. It's called Jhirmack and it's made for people with silver/grey hair to make their hair shiny and reduce yellow-ness. It works great for frequent use to keep him clean, and it's safe to use on your horse. I use it for generic bathing to keep him clean and keep the yellow away, and I use the Quic Silver before shows because it has more of a ';white'; color enchancer that pops more than the Jhirmack.
yeah ive used it on my bay gelding and my chestunut one and it made there coats really dull. Get some hoss gloss (if its available where you are) Youcan use that on any colour and it makes them nice and shinny
The quick silver is great for white spots and stained legs....for more deep stains leave it on for 2-5 min..... the chestnut patches work really well too...i do think that the cowboy magic yellow out works really well you can always clean the chestnut areas with orvas or something..... also vetrolin works well as a stain remover....it will work on all colours...and it is a good pre-wash if you have a imp. show...also is a liniment and will make your horse feel good
No it should actually help not only brighten the white areas but make the darker (chestnut) enhanced too. this shampoo and white n bright by farnam is the only shampoos I use anymore. I have used them on black and hitw appies , black and white paints , sorrel qh mares , my bay arab qh, this way I get their white markings sparkling and the rest of the colors bright and pretty too. The best way for it to work is massage it in and then let sit for about 5 minutes then rinse. If you wash and rinse immediately you won't get the sparkle and shine
  • backgrounds for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment